Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hosting Guests In Your House



Image by Thomas Loof
Every year my boyfriend and his friends go on a boys only ski trip and since we live in Las Vegas, it’s always a given that guests will stay with us a day or two (or more) to soak up the sites, gamble and party. So everyone is flying into Vegas tonight and staying with us before they head out on their road trip to Utah, then coming back on Sunday and spending a few days here locally before they fly back home.

Usually when we have guests over I try to be as accommodating as possible: making sure they have fresh clean sheets, giving them their own set of towels, displaying magazines, making sure the guest closet has enough space for their clothes and making sure that we have snacks and ready to eat food in case they are hungry when we’re not around.

However I wish I was more “Martha Stewart” when it comes to hosting guests. I’ve always loved the notion of displaying a robe, a carafe of water and some fresh flowers by the night stand, and even having some take away toiletries displayed in a cute basket. In the end though, I know my guests are here to visit my boyfriend and I and probably could care less about a robe that they would never wear in my house (and now that I think about it wouldn’t want to see them walking around my house in) or a takeaway toothbrush, but it’s like what Adrienne from RHOBH’s always say, “The love is in the details”.

Do you do anything special when you have guests staying in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...