Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mary's Margarita

Image by Mary E.

Anyone that knows me, knows whenever I order a cocktail, I always order the same thing every single time- Patron on the Rocks, and fresh squeezed lime juice. If it's a good quality bar, and I know they have good ingredients to make cocktails, I'll also ask for a little squeeze of agave nectar. I'm not going to lie, this is a pretty strong drink, especially if you're not used to liquor on the rocks and of course tequila. I started ordering this a while back as a way of saving money actually-living in Las Vegas, the cocktails are standard $12-$15+ per cocktail, so in trying to save money when I went out on the town, I figured I would order something that would force me to sip the drink and take my time=saving $$. There's also not a lot of "filler" so less calories, which is always a good thing. :-)

However when I'm at home, I have my own Patron cocktail that I love to make. Here's the recipe:

Mary's "Margarita"

-6 oz Patron Tequila
-Juice of 6 Fresh Squeezed Limes
-1 Heaping TSP of Agave Nectar (or 2 Equal packets)
-1/2 c Water OR
-1 cup Soda Water <-- My personal fave

Fill cocktail shaker half way with ice,  combine all ingredients, shake, pour into glass and enjoy!

Serves 2 (or 1 on a bad or good day)


*Side note: If you decide to use soda water, don't include that in the cocktail shaker, you will have a huge mess on your hands! Top off your drink with the soda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...